Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Good day before retrieval

Today's been a good day. Lots of down time. Time for checking in at work, doing laundry, and drinking lots and lots of water.

Trigger shot last night went just fine with a nurse for hire who seemed waaay too happy to be showing up at my hotel at 1:30 a.m. It was an IM shot in my bum, which I couldn't do and my DH was afraid to do. The nurse was good. It was much less irritating than the acupuncture I had yesterday.

We had a late lunch and then drove around a bit to find some dirt for my godson. Yep, you read it right. His kindergarten class is trying to collect dirt from all 50 states, so of course I had to get some Colorado dirt for him. S, if you're reading, it will be in the mail tomorrow, I hope! (It's good dirt. Nice and brown, unlike our red Georgia clay.) Ah the things we do for the children we love. And I do love this kid. And his sister, too. : )

After the dirt excursion, CCRM called with results from this morning's blood draw. E2 was up to 7,654 from 5,700-something yesterday. Wow. They gave me cabergoline tablets to take for 8 days starting tonight and 3 ganirelix shots to start tomorrow night. Having never heard of cabergoline, I scanned the patient insert and under precautions - psychiatric, it says, "Pathological gambling, increased libido, and hypersexuality have been reported in patients treated with dopamine antagonists including cabergoline." DH was excited to hear that! Considering that tomorrow I'm going to have 17 follicles aspirated and hopefully 10-17 eggs sucked out of them, I was most interested in the gambling precaution. Another funny thing about these pills? Nurse Ellie said I can take them orally but if they make me nauseous, I can take them vaginally. There's something not quite right about that.

I think we are going see Avatar -- the IMAX 3D version -- in just a bit, so I gotta go.

More later!

2 comments:

  1. That is too funny about cabergoline - both the side effects and the options for taking them. Who knew? I hope you get a bumper crop of eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you today! Yeah, they are concerned about OHSS with you - you got some seriously high E2. Can't wait to hear the report!!

    ReplyDelete