Sunday, January 15, 2012

News from an absentee blogger

So it's been a while again! I've been checking in on some of my old blogging buddies tonight and I honestly don't know how you women do it... I just can't find the time to blog or even log in and read what's going on in other peoples' lives. I've missed out on a lot, I'm learning.

Well, and there's a lot I've held back, too. I suppose it's time to fess up.

I'm pregnant. 21 weeks pregnant. (There's only one this time.)

This happened naturally.

Go figure.

The twins will be 18 months old when Newbie arrives.

I found out at the end of September. Couldn't believe it. The doctor warned me about this, but did I listen? No! I thought I was one of the most infertile women around. Apparently not.

While every baby is a blessing, this news threw me into a serious tailspin when I was already feeling overwhelmed by my new life. Becoming a stay-at-home mom to twins at nearly 40 after spending most of my adult life focusing intently on my career ROCKED MY WORLD. I have really had a hard time making the transition. But I have never doubted my decision to scale back on my career for a while. I am grateful to have the opportunity to do that.

I've struggled with what to say in this post because my heart hurts for those women out there who want to conceive a child and no matter what they try, nothing seems to work. If you've read my blog, you know I was one of those women. Even though we ultimately found success by travelling cross country to a clinic far away from home, it was a long, hard, painful road. I haven't forgotten how it made me feel and probably never will. I read the blogs of those who are still trying and I want to ask why this is happening to these amazing women who would obviously be great moms.

I intended to make this post my last one because let's face it, I'm no good at blogging right now. I was going to wrap things up and say thank you to the members of this community for all you have meant to me. But I can't say goodbye!

I'll keep checking in when I can. And even when I don't check in, I hold you all in my heart.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats! I hope you will check in when you can but I know you will be super busy. Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I can just imagine the tailspin. I hope that dizzying effect is past. I'd love it if you had a moment tp let us know when Newbie is born, but i totally understand if you don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness, what news!!!! Congratulations on the natural conception!!! I totally understand the bittersweetness of that considering you already have 2 young twins. Even though we love them more than life itself, they are a lot of work. Soooo worth it though! I struggle to blog with 1, so I can't imagine with 2. Please pop in once in awhile and let us know how you're doing and announce the newbie's arrival if you can. I would personally love to hear any tips on the natural conception. I was really hoping that would happen for us, but so far no dice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, such amazing news! Congratulations!!

    It's so good to hear an update from you. I can only imagine how busy you must be.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you and hoping your pregnancy is going well. Would love to read an update sometime (if you ever have time!).

    P.S. Your story is one of the cautionary tales I used to convince my husband that, yes, birth control *is* necessary following the birth of our (DE IVF-conceived) twins. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susie, just checking in and wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you. Hope all is going well for you as a SAHM to three kiddos under 2!

    ReplyDelete