Friday, March 19, 2010

What do you think?

Something occurred to me a few days ago before I got distracted by AF's delay (she still isn't here yet) . . .  I was thinking about the transfer scheduled for late April, the two-week wait, and the fact that without a doubt, my mom and mother-in-law will each in her own special way display heightened interest in all of this.

Here's what I'm curious about: what if I informed the moms that I'm going to stop giving the play-by-play after the transfer until I'm ready to share the outcome with them? This idea appeals to me.

Is it selfish?
Has anyone tried something like this? If so, how did it work?

I think it could help me manage the highs and lows of the 2ww and the first several weeks of pregnancy. It could give us the opportunity to try to surprise our moms with a more traditional pregnancy announcement at a time when we're ready to share it.

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck.

    I thought about doing that but it never would have flown with my parents...

    I hope it does for you because you deserve some privacy either way. If you were trying to have a baby the old fashioned way would they want to know every time you had sex and position - NO. So, they should give us some privacy on this too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if you want to go this route, you have to not tell them when transfer itself is. Even if you have already told them, say you are delaying a few months, or say you need the pressure off, or whatever. But if they know transfer, they can do the math and then they will be giving you all these meaningful looks, and if you say, "oh I have a headache" or "I can't meet for lunch today" or whatever, they will read everything under the sun into that.

    I've chosen this route with my dad and step-mom (there was lots of blather about it on my blog from the fall) and it has made the upcoming transfer easier in many ways. And then I get to have at least one person to tell I'm pregnant the normal way!

    Good luck with this decision - it is not an easy one.

    ReplyDelete