Monday, March 30, 2009

No, I haven't abandoned this blog

If there's anyone out there reading this, I'll give a quick update along with a promise for more posts soon. I start the stimulation shots in six days, so I'll be writing about that soon.

Last week I had an hysteroscopy and what they call the "trial transfer" -- two tests that must be done between days six and 12. I almost missed them because I showed up at the wrong location of my doctor's practice (they have at least four locations and I typically go to two of them, depending on the procedure, timing, convenience, doctor's availability, etc.). I just flat missed the message about which office to go to. I walked in upset about being 7 minutes late and then I got REALLY stressed when I realized the test might not be possible because my doctor was going into surgery and there wasn't time to drive to the office where she was. Luckily another doctor -- albeit one I'd never met -- was willing to fit me into his schdule at the location where I was. Everyone there was so nice, understanding, and accomodating. I was a bundle of apologies and full of gratitude for their flexibility because that was the last day for me to get those tests done during the 6 to 12 day window -- I was leaving town for a conference that night.

Tests were somewhat painful, caused a few days' worth of light bleeding, but overall, went okay. The hysteroscopy actually involves inserting a camera inside my uterus -- I got to see color images of my insides... Fascinating! Doctor said it was more pink than he would've expected so he prescribed 10 days of doxycycline, an antibiotic, to clear up any inflammation or infection. I asked him what that really means -- what is the impact of the pink inflammation -- and he said it could indicate that embryos won't attach. I immediately thought, "Is this why I've never been pregnant?"

I didn't have much time to worry about it because I left town that evening and four days later, am still at my conference. Two more days to go at this meeting and then I go home Wednesday evening. My $4,000 order of meds should arrive Thursday and I start doing 4 injections per day on Sunday....

More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment